On Wednesday 20 February, Bury Council will set its budget for 2013/14.
The Council will set Council Tax and Rents for the forthcoming twelve months and decide whether some services should be cut during these difficult economic times.
Proposals from the Labour Party controlled Council include :-
– Cutting the highway repair and maintenance budget
– Reducing services at Bury Library (with a review of services at Ramsbottom Library to be published in March)
– Reducing opening times at Swimming Pools and Leisure Centres, including removing some lifeguards
– Reducing street cleaning
– Reducing grants to the voluntary sector
– Scrapping Bury’s Park Rangers including the Ranger at Nuttall Park, Ramsbottom
– Introduction of car parking charges on Sundays in Bury Town Centre and removing the 15minutes free parking on weekdays
– Scrapping free bus travel for children attending faith schools – RC, CofE, Methodist etc
– Restructuring planning and environmental health services
– Reducing funding for Children’s Centres
– Reviewing Adult Care and Support Services
Residents can watch the meeting at: http://www.bury.gov.uk
The meeting commences at 7.00pm.